The Social Enterprises Business Consultant reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. He/she contributes to Nuru’s mission by managing the Social Enterprises Business in Kenya, which include three main activities: agribusiness, a dairy farm, and health commodities sales. These income generating activities are critical to creating a financially self-sustaining and scaling model. The Social Enterprises Business Consultant will manage Nuru's businesses on the ground and ensure their profitability and scalability.
Team in Kenya: June 2013 to June 2015, with breaks
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Responsible for meeting goals of income generating activities of Nuru Social Enterprises.
• Responsible for building out five year models for three main business lines, adapting initial plans for new research and knowledge gained on the ground, as well as researching and developing model for one new business idea.
• Empower, train and mentor the Nuru Kenya SEB Manager to facilitate successful 5 year exit.
• Facilitate third party evaluation of the SEB program as needed.
• Build and manage SEB budget including yearly budgeting process and budget reforecasting
• Manage all financial components of SEB process including inventory tracking, sustainability ratio calculation (including ensuring revenue and expenses are tracked and matched appropriately), and loan package
• Maintain effective relationship with government entities.
• Manage and coordinate all operations conducted by partners within Social Enterprises program.
• Conduct effective turnover to future SEB Consultant, as needed
Required Skills and Attributes:
• Business degree (MBA preferred)
• Minimum 4 years of business experience
• 2 – 4 years prior experience living and working in developing world
• Strong financial modeling skills
• Prefer experience running a company or managing a P/L with $1m-$2m budget
• Experience implementing strategy and willingness to “be in the weeds”
• Experience and / or interest in working with the poor
• Strong leadership and team building experience
• Ability to do crisis management and rapid, innovative problem solving in uncertain environments
• Ability to adapt quickly to change
• Strong commitment to the mission and vision of Nuru International
To Apply: Please upload your resume/ CV and cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Nuru International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.